I’m sure I’m not the only one who has a love or hate relationship with the Winter season. On one hand, it can be a lovely and beautiful time of year, with delicate snow flakes and the beautifulness that comes with it. Theres also the addition of the festive holiday season making everything all the more cheerful. And then theres all the yummy hot chocolate and apple ciders that make this season just so lovely.
But on the other hand….its COLD (and if you live in Canada like me then its REALLYYY COLD). Which can also lead to one thing that I *really* don’t appreciate about winter: Its the damage it does to my already dry skin. On one hand you have the blowing cold wind doing damage to your skin, and on the other you have the blasting heat in your home/office/car that really drys out your skin and sucks out any remaining moisture. And if you’re like me and already have dry skin to begin with, all of this can end up being just a bit too much!
So I thought today I would share a few products that I have tried and *loved* and that can help you battle some of that dryness so you can enjoy some super soft and healthy skin instead! I use a lot of these products all year round (since my skin is just naturally dry), but I like to increase my use of them from a few days a week in the summer to every day in the winter.
So without further adu, here are my super duper recommendations:
1. Glam Glow - Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment : We begin with prepping and fixing already damaged dry skin with a hydrating face mask. This is probably the biggest splurge on this list but is well worth it. This lovely mask delivers an intense burst of hydration and helps repair super dry skin. It is a bit of a splurge at $76 CAD for 1.6 oz, but there is a smaller 0.5 oz version available for $21 if you would still like to try it out!
2. Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser : This is my favourite face wash from my favourite company. It cleans your face without stripping it of its moisture. I do still get a tingly sensation on my face after washing with it, but of all the cleansers I've used before (and believe me I have tried many), it is the least drying. It also has the added benefit of being a realllyy good make up remover. I even use it to remove stubborn eyeshadow and mascara! Bonus: It smells Fresh and like sliced cucumbers :)
3. Fresh - Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream With Super 7 Complex : Now that you have done your face mask and washed your face its time to add some moisture! This is my current go to face cream because its very delicate and soothing and also provides a lot of moisture. It's also very long lasting. If I put it on at, say, 6 pm, by the next morning if I get up to wash my face, I can still feel a layer of moisture on my face! They claim to provide 24 hrs of moisture and I believe them! And it also has some anti aging properties so thats always good too!
4. Fresh - Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil: This is another favourite for me, but if you want to go for something cheaper or a different brand that should be ok, because at the end of the day you just want some good quality face oil. What makes face oil different than face cream is that you just need a few drops and it really gets 'sucked in' to your skin. Traditional wisdom says that you should apply the oil to your face first, allow it to set in, and then top it up with some face cream. I prefer to do it a little differently though - I put some face cream on the palm of my hand, and drop a few drops of this oil on to it. Then I give it a quick mix with finger and apply it all over. I always do this in the winter as it feels it just gives such a burst of instant moisture...its amazing!
5. Caudalie - Beauty Elixir: I actually found this unique beauty find at the check out of Sephora one day. What it does is that its basically a moisturizing spray! Not only does it feel refreshing, it apparently also tones and does a bunch of other things. Its a great thing to spray on in the middle of the day if you are feeling a bit dry, and it can even go on top of your makeup! How great is that? And as the packaging says, It smooths the skin, tightens the pores, and provides an instant burst of radiance, as it stimulates microcirculation! Sweet!
6. L'Occitane - Hand Creams: Now that you have your face masked up, cleansed, and moisturized, its time to move to another really important body part that seems to dry up pretty often. The hands! These hand creams from French Company L'Occtiane are divineeee. They give you lots of great moisture without that greasy feeling. They also come in many different lovely scents for you to choose from.
7. Sugar Lip Treatment: And finally, the best for last, the glorious Sugar Lip Treatment! My NUMBER ONE problem in the dry winter months is dry, chapped, and plain gross looking lips. I have tried every lip product under the sun but none of them come CLOSE to providing you the moisture that these babies give you. It seriously feels like soft honey on your lips! If you only get one thing on this list, it should definitely be this one right here! (and it comes in lots of different fun colors - my fav is the rose one)
I hope you were able to find this list helpful! But now its your turn. I would love to hear about any products you have used and loved to deal with dry skin issues! SO please leave a comment below if you have any you would like to share - I would love to give it a try!