Long time no post! I'm so very sorry. Seems like I'm failing on those new years resolutions already! *fail* But I *do* have a good reason! Kinda. Sorta. See back in late January I ended up taking a very last minute (I'm talking a few days notice) 3 week vacation, which made it really difficult to update regularly! Not for lack of trying though! I had even prepared a Valentine's day recipe and a DIY craft, and photographed it all the night before my departure and was planning on posting updates while on my vacation. Unfortunately I ran into some unforeseen problems with internet connection while I was there – I was promised high speed wifi and was left with internet that wouldn’t even connect!
Alas, after many, many, many frustrating attempts to connect to the interwebs I took it as a sign from the universe to just chill and actually *be* on vacation. So I did! However, when I got back I ended up getting really sick (caught something awful on the plane ride back), and then drowning in work (it happens when you take 3 weeks off). After all that, life caught up with me and things have been really busy, and before I knew it its been 3 months!
However, all this time away doesn’t mean I have been doing nothing worthy of blogging about! Oh contrer! If you follow me on Instagram you will see I have been preoccupied with starting up a garden and many other fun stuff. I've been trying lots of new things and new recipes and am excited to come back with lots of fun new content! :)
So in order to make it up to you, here's a recipe for a super easy and super delicious Triple Berry tart which really signals that summer has arrived!! If you have been super busy like me, but need a quick delicious dessert, that also makes a statement, then look no further! This is really great for when you want to make a great homemade dessert for a party or special event, but don’t have the time (or just feeling too lazy) to make anything too complex. And what with the crazy heat of summer well on its a way, its a great dessert to take to your neighbourhood bbq which has the added bonus of not needing to turn on your hot oven!
This tart can easily be changed and customized in endless ways to whatever fruit you have whether it be different types of berries, or perhaps banana slices, or kiwi, or even some peaches! You could even change the pudding flavours!
So make this super quick and easy Triple Berry Fruit Tart and let me know how it goes 😃
Triple Berry Tart
* 10 sheets of graham crackers, crumbled up (or roughly 1.5 cups)
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup of melted butter
* 1 pudding packet (I used Jello brand that serves four)
* Milk as required by pudding packet
* Fruit to Decorate
1. Break up your graham cracker cookies into smaller pieces by hand, and then place in to a ziplock bag. Seal firmly. And bang it with a rolling pin! (great therapy! lol) keep banging it until its nice and crumbly.Once completely crushed pour crumbs into a large bowl. If you don't have cookies but rather the crumbs, this should equally roughly 1.5 cups, so measure that and pour it into a bowl.
2. Add your sugar to the crumbs and mix until throughly incorporated. Then add in your melted butter and mix! Depending on a variety of things you may need a bit more cookies or a bit more butter. You want to be able to mix it to the point where it becomes like sand that will hold its shape when squished down.
3. Take your tart pan and press it all down in the pan to form a crust. Place in the fridge to set for a few hours.
4. Prepare your fruit topping - wash and slice!
5. Once the crust has set in the fridge, prepare your pudding mix by mixing the required powder to milk mixture called for on the box. It will be liquidy at first but if you keep mixing it will thicken! Pour your thickened pudding mixture into the tart. Decorate with Fruit. Place in fridge to set until ready to be served!
Bon apetite! 😃